Developments of the department
Among the latest developments of the department are
- Traction induction electric drive for passenger tram.
- Traction drives for electric vehicles with hybrid energy storage systems based on batteries and supercapacitors.
- Vector control system of the double-fed induction machine of the circulating water supply station.
- Unified controller based on digital signal processor TMS320F28069.
- High-performance unified controller based on DSP TMS320F28335 for electromechanical systems.
- Interactive energy-saving controller for water pump.
- Control system of power active filter with selectivity properties.
- Vector control of double-fed induction machine and squirell cage induction machine in generation systems.
Induction traction electric drive of a passenger tram
The tram is equipped with traction carts which are equipped with two 50 kW induction motors.
Induction traction electric drive of an electric bus with hybrid energy storage system
A prototype of electromechanical electric bus system with a traction vector-controlled 100 kW induction drive has been developed. It provides adaptive energy-efficient vector control of mechanical coordinates of electric vehicle traction motor, as well as automation functions, which are standard for electric vehicles of the latest generation.
Vector control system of the double-fed induction machine for circulating water supply station
The controller with the software implementing vector control algorithms of the 750 kW double-fed induction machine (DFIM) in the driving mode is implemented at station of the reversible. Stator voltage is 6 kV, rotor voltage is 380 V.
Unified controller based on digital signal processor TMS320LF2406A
It is intended for implementation into high-efficient vector control systems of AC electric drives bases on different power converters. It is used for the production of numerous electric drives up to 50 kW, as well as 350 – 400 kVA wind turbine.
High-performance unified controller based on DSP TMS320F28335 for electromechanical systems
The controller’s core is based on a digital signal processor TMS320F28335, which has a 32-bit core with a module for performing operations on floating point numbers (Floating Point Unit), modules for direct memory access and interrupt handling, as well as a wide range of communication interfaces and peripheral modules.
6. Interactive energy-saving controller for water supply pump
It is intended for energy-efficient control of pumping units with induction motor drives for water supply systems.
Monorail and magnetic suspension for the vehicle
In the mid-70’s and 80’s, the Department of Electric Drive took an active part in the All-Union program to develop a system of high-speed land transport with linear electric drive and magnetic suspension system (O. Shapovalenko, V. Gavrilyuk, V. Teryaev, O. Redko, head of the department M. Popovich). There was a section of 50 m long transport structure with a working model weighing 400 kg, which was held on a magnetic suspension in the yard of the main building.